Saturday 9 May 2009

Dreams are shattered.

DAY 15 - EGG COUNT 4
Two pieces of bad news today.
Firstly, I did not win the Euromillions 110 million pounds rollover jackpot last night or even one small part of it. Evidently the whole world and his mother was as excited as me to check their numbers this morning causing the national lottery web site to crash and burn. I had to take my bitter blow from a BBC site who I must say, let me down in the nicest possible way. So, it is back to plan B which is to work for my living and try to earn enough to keep the mortgage paid, keep up with the bills and put food on our table. It was nice to dream while it lasted though.
Secondly, one of our girls is missing. I did spot her on the back hedge this morning but when my husband went up to feed them, she was gone. We have checked the field behind us but there is no sign of her (mind you, it is a large field and she is only a small hen.) We have had escapees before and they usually return - just hope she makes it back before dark or she might be a gonna, there are definately foxes about as we heard one calling late last night. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment