Thursday 7 May 2009

Freedom again!

DAY 13 - EGG COUNT 5
I am pleased to report that my husband has relented and given the girls the freedom of the veg patch again for which they are very grateful. They are happily strutting about and clucking contentedly. Our escapologist hen, aptly named Houdini, immediately flew over the fence and into our main garden much to the delight of the dogs who spent a frantic ten minutes chasing her around. She didn't seem too worried in fact, I think she quite enjoyed the game - she actually looked a bit miffed when we returned her to the patch.
Our large tom cat is in deep trouble with me as he caught a baby rabbit yesterday and dragged it through number 2 son's open bedroom window (he sleeps in a downstairs room which we don't use and has made it into a bedsit type bachelor pad.) Poor little thing had died from shock and I was very cross with him - it's not as if he's hungry or anything. I just keep thinking of the mother rabbit wondering where one of her offspring has got to but maybe they don't think that way - I hope not anyway else I shall be having nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment