Wednesday 13 May 2009

Two near misses on one day!

DAY 20 - EGG COUNT 3
There must be something in the air as two of us have in the family have had near misses in the last few hours.
Near miss number 1 - eldest son - possible food poisoning.
Son number 1 came home late last night (probably the worse for wear if you know what I mean) and raided fridge. I had left southern fried chicken goujons (uncooked) in box which he thought were already cooked and began to munch. It wasn't until he was half way through second goujon that he realised his mistake and made himself sick. He has of course blamed me and says he will never eat chicken goujons again.
Near miss number 2 - me- possible broken limbs or worse.
The dogs and I have a little game in the mornings when I get out of bed which involves them stealing my slippers, taking them downstairs to kitchen where they wait by the dog biscuit box. I then swop my slippers for a treat whereupon I can get on with the business of waking up to face the world and make coffee with said slippers re-instated on feet.
Unfortunately, our man dog can get over enthusiastic with this game and this morning he caught me completely unawares at the top of the stairs where he ripped the slipper off my foot in mid step and almost sent me flying down two flights. It was a hairy start to my day and I am now wondering how I can un-teach an old dog old tricks. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment