Sunday 17 May 2009

Humpty Dumpty Egg!

DAY 23 - EGG COUNT 5 (including 1 very large specimen)
One of our girls laid an egg of truly monumental proportions today, 3 times as large as a normal egg I would say. When my husband brought it into the office to show me, I gasped in amazement and immediately went up to see them to check none were walking painfully or had watery eyes.
We took it to show my elderly father who instantly claimed it for his breakfast - we'd already had ours so we let him keep it. I will go and find out later but I suspect this may have been a triple yolker.
Today, I was planning to plant up our tubs and hanging baskets which are looking sad and unkempt after the winter. However, I have now abandoned this idea on account of the fact it is raining and blowing a gale outside and not at all spring like. I would not be giving those plants a fair start in life and frankly, they are better off staying in the garden centre's greenhouse until the weather improves (also, I had my nails done on Friday and my man dog has chewed up my gardening gloves.) That's me all out of excuses then! Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment