Wednesday 6 May 2009

Grumpy Hens

DAY 12 - EGG COUNT 4
Our girls are rather grumpy because my husband is cross with them. They have their own enclosure but it was getting very muddy because of all the rain we've had. As we don't have much growing in the vegetable patch at the moment, he decided to let them have a free run for a few days. Anyhow, to cut a long story short, husband must have left shed door ajar, the little devils got in there and messed all over the mower, garden tools etc... (hen poo is not the most pleasant of things to clean up.) So, they are now back in their hen run gazing longingly at the big world outside - am fully expecting them to go on protest strike and stop laying- perhaps my husband will relent tommorrow. I will take them some leftover chinese fried rice later which I am sure will cheer them up as they can pretend it is an invasion of small grubs. Pleased to report my lady spaniel, Rosie is back to her sweet smelling self after badger poo rolling incident but our man dog is puzzled as to why he his not getting as much fuss as before. He is lovely but not awfully intelligent, my nick name for him is 'pea brain', need I say more? Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment