Thursday 14 May 2009

I am a lottery winner!

DAY 20 - EGG COUNT 5
Good news, I am a lottery winner! Before anyone gets too excited and starts writing me begging letters, it was only a tenner (could have done with a few more noughts on it) but hey, 'tis better than nowt' as they say in Yorkshire.
Pleased to report hens are on good form and all laying though you wouldn't have thought we had any chickens or even a garden when I opened the curtains this morning as everywhere was shrouded in thick fog - flipping stupid cornish weather, you just never know where you are with it. I dream of waking up every morning to clear blue skies and 28 degrees but then, I suppose one might get bored with that - would be willing to give it a try though.
Today, I have a very interesting 'egg related' fact for you. Did you know that you should always store your eggs at room temperature, in a rack with the pointy end facing down? The reason for this is because the egg contents sink to the narrow end leaving more air in the widest end which helps to keep your eggs fresher for longer. What a veritable mine of useless information I am (actually, my mate Clive up the road told me that so we can blame him.) Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment